Re: cd crosstool-ng ; make menuconfig

Andy --

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:28 PM, ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY@adtran.com> wrote:
> The ultimate goal is exactly that. ÂWe will be keeping around the
> exact release of ctng for just that purpose. ÂSo, we'll end up with
> a boatload of ctng releases in the dl dir of the build server. ÂI
> know that we _should_ be able to reproduce any flavor of toolchain
> we build with ctng with ctng (supposed to be two "with ctng"'s
> there), but I want to be safe.

Sure, that makes sense.

You can still use a separate install directory for the ct-ng install, though.

(I have my build set up to have "per-host" areas and then
"per-platform" [target] areas; currently I install ct-ng and a host
version of apache [for various build-time executable checks] into the
per-host area, then the actual xtools and all target executables and
libraries into the per-platform areas. Changing that to install ct-ng
into the per-host area would be trivial, and I can still do a full
cleanup simply by deleting the per-platform directory.)

Although, when it's all said and done, you might as well just unpack
ct-ng and use the local configure option (at least I think it's ct-ng
that has that; too much time with too many meta-tools lately...)

Best regards,
Tony