Re: i686-apple-darwin10 to i386-pc-linux-gnu, ld invoked with gnu options

Bryan, Titus, All,

On Sunday 26 June 2011 19:52:16 Bryan Hundven wrote:
> So, I understand that you guys want to use the apple provided gcc, but
> I don't care and just use the one from macports.
> Choose the right battle.

I personnaly don't care, as I do not have MacOS-X. To me, MacOS-X seems
to be enough of a crabs' nest that I don't want to stack hacks upon hacks
to support that platform.

I am not against supporting both in the absolute. The issue is that, not
having access to MacOS-X, I can't test that changes would not break it.

If we can make both work without too much dirty hacks, then I am OK with
supporting both. But if we need dirty hacks for both, then we'll have to
choose. If only one needs dirty hacks, then OK, but not both...

The issue lies not in crosstool-NG directly, but in stuff (kconfig) that
is maintained outside of crosstool-NG, and that we need to sync from time
to time. Having kludges in that stuff means we can't easily sync when
we need to, and those kludges can/will get lost in the process (as is the
case for now).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.