Building armv7 "cross-native" GCC

Sorry if this is off-topic...

I have an armv7 cross-toool chain, which I made and it seems to
be OK as I use it to cross-build a small armv7 Linux distribution.

Now I am trying to use it to cross-build GCC itself so as to have
a native GCC in the arm Linux system I make.

I am using gcc-4.4.6, gmp-4.3.2 and mpfr-2.4.2 in both the
cross-tool chain and for the cross-native build.

For the cross-native build I copy the gmp and mpfr directories
into the gcc directory and cross-build; this works for similar
PowerPC, i686 and x86_64 cross-built systems. But for the armv7 I
get an undefined reference to `__gmpn_invert_limb' in divrem_1.c

I'm looking through the gmp source code... great fun, but I'm
not yet finding what is going wrong.

Does anyone have some experience with this and have a good
suggestion or two?

--
Douglas Jerome