From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Azeem Ahmed
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:00 AM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: toolchain for s390 using older kernal headers

Hello all,

I am attempting to use crosstool-NG to build a toolchain for the following setup:

Kernel: 2.6.16 (to support SLES 10 SP1)
glibc: 2.4-31

Here is my first issue. The tool configuration (ct-ng menuconfig) doesn't allow me to select the kernel level I would like. Is it okay to just specify the correct kernel directory for 2.6.16 as part of the custom tarball? As for glibc, I'm not sure what to do here. how can I go about adding support for an older version.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Azeem