Re: CT-NG 1.16.0: CONFIG_SHELL '' is not valid

Hi Yann, hi to all,

On 08/05/2012 04:34 PM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
[...]

How do you use the sample? If you just copy the crosstool.config file from the sample, as .config, it will not work, indeed.

To use a sample, you have to tell ct-ng to use that sample:
   $ ct-ng [sample-name]

That's because the samples are so-called defconfig files, which contain only
the non-default values from the config options. ct-ng does the needed things
to bring a defconfig into a complete .config, that it can then use.

Thanks for the hint, this was indeed the problem. The copy procedure was working up to 1.15.3, so I wasn't aware that I should do it a different way.

Regards,
Philipp