Re: Still no joy with OSX Mountain Lion for ARM [SOLVED]

FYI, the instructions for building Mac OSX cross toolchains are somewhat out
of date.  Under Mountain Lion, apparently you no longer need to use the
MacPorts GCC compiler.  The Xcode LLVM seems to work fine.  In fact, better.

In my previous attempt, the build crapped out at the last stage
[EXTRA]    Building final compiler
Seems there is some sort of conflict between libbackend.a and tree-inline.o
Via the build.log, I found a similar reference for building a MacPorts GCC
4.3.4.  The solution was to hack the Make-lang.in file line 76 and remove
tree-inline.o from CXX_C_OBJS.  This file is in
/yourxtoollocation/.build/src/gcc-4.3.3/gcc/cp

Now this is for GCC 4.3.3 so I'm not sure if this has been patched in later
versions.

The other important thing is to use a case-sensitive disk image to build
ct-ng and the cross tool.  I ultimately used one that was 4 GB.  2GB wasn't
enough but I'm not really sure what the total temporary requirements are.

Blair M. Burtan
Northern Lights Tactical
www.northernlightstactical.com