Re: Mercurial workflow and git/mercurial integration

Thomas, All,

On Monday 22 October 2012 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:57:25 +0200, Samuel Martin wrote:
>
> > Don't know what is the distro you're using, but on archlinux, there is
> > git-hg-git from the aur.
> >
> > BTW, you should also be able to get it from source:
> > https://github.com/offbytwo/git-hg
>
> Nice! It seems to work fine here.
>
> Do you know if it is possible to generate HG-styled e-mails to post
> patches with this tool? I.e email containing patches with the following
> header at the beginning:
>
> # HG changeset patch
> # User Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
> # Date 1349256753 -7200
> # Node ID 7f6ddb2b0ca0d89fa5bc98c1deb55d840b505ccd
> # Parent  43ace4bb005eef085437e3d4fbaef528ef0ef005
>
> Or will Yann accept patches not having this header?

Now that I use patchwork to get the patches, I think that it should be
possible to use non-hg patches. However, I have not tested this. If any
one can send a test-patch to the list, I'll see how it behaves here.

If that can make git-afficionados happy, so be it! :-]

Also, pachwork will not detect patches that are attached. It is still
compulsory to send the patches in the body of the mail; but git does just
that by default, so it should not be an issue.

Also, patchwork mis-detects patches that are mangled (eg. line-wrapped),
but so would 'git am' or 'hg mimport' anyway. Besides, I have a script
that imports patches from patchwork and let me edit it before it is
applied, so I get a chance to fix it pre-emptively. Yeah! ;-)

However, I am not switching to git. ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.