Fwd: glibc 2.16.0

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Bernhard Walle <bernhard@bwalle.de> wrote:

> The binaries have /lib/ld-linux.so.2 as interpreter (run "readelf -l"
> and see the INTERP header) set. So if the kernel executes the binary,
> they're executed with /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and that's from android libc
> (which is not glibc).

Yes, this is true, I'm aware of that. However I bindmount glibc's lib
directory to /lib, thereby glibc is used and not android libc.

So what beats me is, if I bindmount the glibc 2.14.1's lib to /lib,
the crosscompiled binaries run, for instance tar produces the desired
output. However it shouldn't, because I was crosscompiling it against
2.16.0.

Even more problemact, if I bindmount the glibc 2.16.0's lib to /lib,
the crosscompiled binaries don't run, and I get the mentioned
'/system/bin/sh: ./tar: No such file or directory' error...

But how can this be?
--
çãç