Re: about RTEMS toolchain target mips32 little endian

On 01/05/2013 03:11 AM, Devin wrote:

Thanks Ralf , I have removed line "MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS += mips32/EL*" from "t-rtems". and then configure&make&make install GCC . lastly , I compile RTEMS successfully .

But why gcc add "mips32/El*" to MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS ?
I regret, but I don't recall the details.

Normally, there are 2 reasons for us to remove a multilib:
- Support for a multilib-variant is missing in RTEMS
- Nobody uses a multilib-variant.

IIRC, both had applied in this case.

Maybe  it will causes
some problems or errors ?
c.f. above.

The initial, minimum requirements for me to add the mips32/EL multilib would be to know "gcc/newlib and rtems compiles" and to know people are actually using it.

I hope RTEMS compiled in mips32 EL model will run stably.
I have no idea, whether RTEMS even compiles for mips32/EL nor do I know if the results are usable. I can try to activate mips32/EL multilib in my next toolchain spin and watch for what will happen ;)

Ralf