I'm targeting powerpc. If you don't mind it would be great if you could send me your working config.

Thanks
Will

On 04/05/2013 02:11, roman@kolesnikov.mobi wrote:
Hi,

What is your target? I may have the combination of stable binutils,
glibc, gcc for you. I have an existing product running 2.6.18 and have
build the environment for the arm target. Let me know your target, I can
dig you out the details. I have built the toolchain manually and with
the older crosstool. I still have my notes.

Roman

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Using ancient linux versions with crosstools-NG
    From: Will Wagner <will_wagner@carallon.com
    <mailto:will_wagner@carallon.com>>
    Date: Fri, May 03, 2013 5:11 am
    To: crossgcc@sourceware.org <mailto:crossgcc@sourceware.org>

    Hello,

    I have some hardware that is stuck with an old kernel (2.6.14).

    I'd like to update the toolchain for this but the old kernel version
    presents some challenges.

    The main problem I hit is that the kernel source doesn't support the
    make kernel_headers rule. Older crosstools-ng (~1.2) supported kernels
    this old so maybe it's possible to add back in support?

    Can anyone give any advice on how to tackle this issue? Would it be
    possible to build my user space against a 2.6.19 kernel (first version
    that has make_headers) and then expect that to run against an older
    kernel. What are the rules on what kernel versions a C library will
    work on?

    Many thanks
    Will