Re: problem with sample file arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi (x86_64, ct-ng1.18.0)

lolo tremolo wrote:

>Hi,
>I installed  crosstool-ng 1.18.0-1 on a x86_64 system,
>i'm trying to use a sample file arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi,
>but it doesnt work out of the box.
>It's my first use of ctng so it's quite possible that i did some thinks wrong.

It's just as likely that your machine and distribution are simply newer than the "recipes" and so there are some incompatibilities.  I ran into some of these same problems recently.  Here's what I found:

>[EXTRA]    Extracting 'mpfr-2.4.2'
>[EXTRA]    Patching 'mpfr-2.4.2'
>[ERROR]    configure.in:294: error: automatic de-ANSI-fication support
>has been removed
>[ERROR]    aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
>[ERROR]
>[ERROR]  >>

This problem occurs because you are using a newer version of automake (probably 1.12) and this is an older version of MPFR which uses obsolete Makefile syntax.  I found that using a newer version of MPFR (4.3.2) worked around this problem.  In my case, I was using the bare ARM (no Linux) build and chose to use Linaro-4.8 with MPFR 4.3.2 and binutils 2.22.  There may be other combinations that work (I worked on another one recently, but don't have that machine handy) but that may be enough to get you started.

Ed