RE: Q: whald should I give my "customers" ?

<snip>
> > Is there a good or bad way to "deliver" the newly created toolchain ?
>
> The simplest is just to create a tarball of your x-tools/i686-zm-linux-gnu
> directory, and distribute that. Tell your 'users' to extract it wherever
> they want, and export PATH="...../i686-zm-linux-gnu/bin:${PATH}"
>
> Note that, if your 'users' are not in the same legal entity as you are,
> then you do have some obligations due to the licensing terms og the
> different tools you are using (GPLv2+, GPLv3+, LGPLv2.1+, and maybe
> others), since you are in fact distributing the toolchain. Be sure to
> understand that! ;-)

I would almost say to install the ct-ng locally, build the toolchain,
then do the following command

for i in .build/* ; test ! ".build/tarballs" = "$i" && rm -rf $i ; done

finally package up the whole local install, providing a short installer
script (like runme or something) that would allow the user to configure
ct-ng locally, build the toolchain, and viola!  You are there (without
any problems with licenses, machine binary differences, and the toolchain
would be dynamically built -- which is FAR EASIER to do than build it
statically (I've had problems with statically linked gcc's and such).

That would be my 0.02 USD.

Andy