Re: ld.bfd: cannot find crtbegin_so.o

On 27/04/15 23:56, Bryan Hundven wrote:
Erik,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Erik Leunissen <elns@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 27/04/15 23:19, Erik Leunissen wrote:
/opt/toolchains/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-ahasystems-linux-gnueabihf/4.9.1/../../../../arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.bfd:
cannot find crtbegin_so.o: No such file or directory

By the way: the following files do exist:

  crtbegin.o crtbeginS.o crtbeginT.o

crtbegin_so.o doesn't seem to be in this second list you provided.

Yes, it isn't there, and that's what ld.bfd considers an error.

I'm not sure what that file is.

Well, it is required by ld.bfd, which is part of the toolchain as built by me, using ct-ng.

I can see two cases:

1. ld.bfd is flawed because it ought not require the file crtbegin_so.o
2. ld.bfd is righteously requiring the file crtbegin_so.o, and that it ought be included in the toolchain.

Although different in nature, both seem to me errors in the toolchain.

I myself am not familiar with toolchain intrinsics as C runtimes. Because of that, it is well possible that there is a case 3. which I fail to see.

That's why I am here reporting and seeking help/insight/direction to find out what's wrong.

Sincerely,

Erik.

-Bryan