This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.2
- To: cygwin-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.2
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:49:28 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
I've updated the version of the cygwin DLL in cygwin/latest to 1.1.2.
A partial, unordered list of what's changed is below. If anyone who has
submitted changes that are not mentioned below wants to chime in, please
To update your installation, CREATE AN EMPTY DIRECTORY, cd to it, and
download the latest version of setup.exe from the cygwin/latest
directory at a cygwin mirror site near you. Then type:
Answer the questions as you did when you first installed cygwin. This
procedure should only update the cygwin package.
Note that if you use the "cygwin -u" syntax, you will not be able to
upgrade the DLL to 1.1.2 if you have previously downloaded a snapshot.
This is due to the fact that the snapshot versions were already
Using "setup cygwin" will force a new copy of cygwin to be downloaded and
installed, as long as you do this IN AN EMPTY DIRECTORY.
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and developer)
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
- Use of the /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib and /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include
directories has been deprecated. Starting with this release, these
directories have been moved into /usr.
- Fixed problems with \r\n line endings manifesting when text mode
- Fixed problem exiting rxvt on Windows 95.
- Fixed problem with 'cd' when current directory is a path mapped
to something like '/c'.
- Fixed problem loading certain functions from advapi32.dll on older
versions of Windows 95.
- Avoid setting "ENOTDIR" errno when attempting to delete a non-existent
- Eliminate test for a "writable directory" which arbitrarily limited
the ability to delete files in a "read-only" directory. This is
only a limitation of UNIX. Windows allows this.
- Scan LOCAL_MACHINE registry as well as current user registry when
looking for per-program cygwin options.
- Eliminate occasional "couldn't dynamically determine load address"
- Correct header file problem in include/cygwin/in.h where in6_addr
was incorrectly named.