This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.1.17-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:40:36 -0500
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download.
A partial list of what has changed is below. If anyone who has
submitted changes that are not mentioned below wants to chime in, please
feel free. Also, apologies if I didn't attribute your change to you.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
Run setup and answer all of the questions. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
choose a mirror site for your download. The 'sources.redhat.com' (aka
cygwin.com) site is badly overloaded. The mirrors below have the latest
version of this package:
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes in this release:
- Fix for non-blocking serial reads. (Dan Morris)
- New function: remove - deletes a name and possibly the file
it refers to. (Corinna Vinschen)
- New support for xterm-style mouse events. (Bradley A. Town)
- Add defines for shutdown() call. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add include/sysexits.h. (Christopher Faylor)
- Add new cygwin option "CYGWIN=codepage:ansi' or "CYGWIN=codepage:oem".
- Export strtok_r. (Edward M. Lee)
- Fix to handle \path. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix problem when setting chroot to '/'. (Kazuhiro Fujieda)
- Fix socket handle leak. (Corinna Vinschen)
- munmap fixes. (Kelly Cook)
- Workaround for bugger filesystem drivers which incorrectly report success
on open of nonexistent file. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Improvements for NTFS on SMBFS via CYGWIn=smbntsec. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Workaround for read() where error == ERROR_NOACCESS and at EOF.