This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:51:21 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.3.6-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US,
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
usually pretty good.
In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.5-1:
- Don't complain if write function is passed a zero length. (Christopher Faylor)
- Set access time and creation time to last modification time for files
on a filesystem not supporting multiple timestamps. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add support for PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER. (Egor Duda)
- Fix handling of no-rewind tape drives. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Behave sensibly when a path component exceeds MAX_PATH. (Nick Duffek)
- Don't attempt to modify path component from the environment since it
may be read-only. (Nick Duffek)
- Do more error checking on arguments to net functions. (Christopher Faylor,
- Allow use of /cygdrive as a directory. (Christopher Faylor)
- Export ualarm. (Alexandr V. Shutko)