This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:17:52 -0400
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.3.14-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
This release should fix most of the problems with 1.3.13, namely,
relocation errors with dlls, mmap, and heap. It also works around some
problems with incorrect or out-of-date /etc/passwds causing strange
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update. You might have to wait as much
as 24 hours to find a mirror with the updated version of cygwin on it.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.13-2:
- Fix problem where gdb always registered a "SIGSEGV" during startup
while debugging cygwin applications. (Robert Collins, Thomas Pfaff)
- Attempt to fix many fork relocation problems which manifested as heap errors,
dll remap errors, and mmap errors. (Christopher Faylor)
- Try to gracefully deal with out-of-memory situations with the heap so that
setting a large cygwin heap size will work correctly. (Christopher Faylor)
- Accept heap_chunk_in_mb intry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, too, to allow global
setting. (Christopher Faylor)
- Correctly (?) interpret VMIN/VTIME for ttys/ptys. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix so that >> redirection works correctly with non-cygwin apps.
- Force devices used from non-cygwin command line to always be in binmode
regardless of binmode.o/texmode.o/automode.o setting. (Christopher Faylor)
- Deal more gracefully with situations where /etc/passwd sid doesn't match
user's sid. (Pierre Humblet)