This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:44:05 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.3.21-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin at cygwin dot com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain dot com at cygwin dot com
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.20-1:
- Implement /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/partitions. (Christopher January)
- Report id output in cygcheck. (Christopher Faylor)
- Accept cygwin style paths as cygcheck arguments. (Christopher Faylor)
- Allow cygwin paths in strace. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix permission problems on duplicated sockets after user context switch.
(Corinna Vinschen, Pierre Humblet)
- Fix problems with unix-domain sockets and stat. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add support for interruptible connect(). (Thomas Pfaff)
- Fix return address in mmap when offset is used. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Export mallinfo. (Christopher Faylor)
- Export *many* newlib functions. (Christopher Faylor)
- Improve access() when CYGWIN=ntsec. (Pierre Humblet)
- Create sparse files by default, when possible. (Vaclav Haisman)
- Fix mprotect to prevent PROT_READ requests from incorrectly being
interpreted as PROT_EXEC requests. (Jason Tishler)
- stat/fstat: Return actual size of file on disk in st_blocks even for
compressed or sparse files. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Use MessageBeep for cygwin "bell". (Vaclav Haisman)
- Fix memory leak after spawn/exec. (Christopher Faylor)
- For mkpasswd, on Win95, output both a default line and a line for the
current user (if known) with a pseudorandom uid. If the -u switch is
given, produce a line for the specified user. (Pierre Humblet)
- For mkgroup, On Win95 change the group name from "unknown" to "all".
- Fix setsid problem where processes did not correctly detach from a
console. (Christopher Faylor)
- Allow links to symlinks. (Corinna Vinschen, Christopher Faylor)