This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:13:50 -0400
- Subject: Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
This version is currently only available for testing. It contains major
changes in some APIs such that 64 bit file I/O operations are now
available. This means that some structures, such as those found in
'stat' and 'dirent', have changed. Older applications will continue to
work correctly but DLLs and libraries which use any structures whose
size has changed as a result of changes from 32 bit integers to long (or
in some cases long long) will need to be recompiled and relinked. There
will be an announcement in the cygwin-apps mailing list talking about
what needs to be done to get your libraries and dlls working with this
version of the DLL.
The plan is to release test versions of affected DLLs and libraries and,
when everything seems to be working ok, move cygwin and all of the
libraries from the test classification to current.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. Again,
remember that this is version is a test version only so you will have to
specifically select it in setup if you want to use it. If you don't
know what this means, then you probably should wait until this version
becomes the default version.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.22-1 (not a bad release as releases go):
- Minor fix for deletion of open files on Win9x. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix setsid behavior when last console handle has been freed.
- Always allocate an invisible console when a pty is opened.
- Fix CPUID detection. (Christopher January)
- Many pthread fixes. (Thomas Pfaff)
- Completely implement 64 bit file I/O. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Don't reset signals after a spawn. Just treat like a fork/exec.
- Fix "not a socket" errors. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement setutent. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Set IOV_MAX down to a number small enough to use in an array.
- Allow pasting of accented characters and entry of same using
"alt-numkey". (Bob Cassels)
- Improve compatibility of /proc/cpuinfo with linux output.
- Improve compatibility of /proc/meminfo with linux output.
- Fix handling of stat() on disk root directories.
- Only create sparse files when requested to do so via lseek.
- Allow chown'ing of socket files. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Improve handling of umask on non-ntsec filesystems.
(Bill C. Riemers)
- Avoid sending a signal on CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Do more strict checking on posix path arguments to disallow
invalid characters. (Christopher Faylor)
- Do not build cygwin DLL with cygserver functionality by default.
(This means that this release does not support cygserver. Expect
this to change in 1.5.1 or 1.5.2) (Christopher Faylor)
- Change mmap to attempt to use addr hints. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement ftok. (Charles Wilson)
- Implement vsyslog. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement wcscoll, wcswidth and wcwidth. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Detect Windows 2003 Server. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add inttypes.h and stdint.h (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix statfs to correctly report disk sizes greater than 2GB on
Win9x/ME (Pierre Humblet)
- Propagate seteuid-only state to exec'ed children. (Pierre Humblet)
- Fix getdomainname() when domain name is from DHCP. (Pierre Humblet)
- Have seteuid reuse the external token when possible, to allow access
to networked drives. (Pierre Humblet)
- Implement gethostid. (Christopher January)
- Fix slow rsync response when using rsh. (N Stephens, Corinna Vinschen)
- Add support for PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL mutex type. (Thomas Pfaff).
- Implement pthread rwlocks. (Thomas Pfaff).
- Enable thread safe errno. (Thomas Pfaff).
- Fix multi-cpu reporting in /proc/stat. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix number of cpus returned by sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN).
- Limit number of file handles allocatable to ~3200. (Christopher Faylor)
- Correctly export replaced symbols in cygwin import library.