This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Available for test: cygwin-1.5.1-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:23:39 -0400
- Subject: Available for test: cygwin-1.5.1-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
This version is currently available for testing only. As in version
1.5.0, it contains major changes to some APIs such that 64 bit file I/O
operations are now available. This means that some structures such as
those found in 'stat' and 'dirent' have changed. We are also now using
32 bit uids and gids. Older applications will continue to work
correctly but DLLs and libraries which use any structures whose size has
changed will need to be recompiled and relinked.
Most package maintainers who have affected packages have released test
versions of their packages in conjunction with the Cygwin DLL release.
You can try these by clicking on the "Exp" box in the "Select Packages"
Note that if you have rebuilt an library or application for 1.5.0 and
you are using the fdopen call, you will need to relink your app for
1.5.1. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Executables linked for/with
1.3.22 or earlier should continue to work fine.
If you are maintaining a cygwin package, then you should be subscribed
to the cygwin-apps mailing list, and you should be following the
discussions there about rebuilding for the cygwin 1.5.x series. If you
are a package maintainer and are not actively following this list, there
is a strong possibility that your package will be pulled from the cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.0-1:
- Fix cut/paste problems between rxvt and windows apps. (Christopher Faylor)
- Export new fdopen64 function to fix problems with patch and other programs
which use the 'fdopen' interface. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix bug which returned improper value for sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE).
- Fix hang caused when trying to get command line for non-cygwin process.
- Fix various problems with (the still HIGHLY experimental, use at your own
risk, don't-come-whining-to-me-if-it-deletes-all-of-your-files) managed
mode. (Christopher Faylor)
- Issue an error if a non-empty directory is mounted in managed mode.
- Remove restriction on use of cygwin_set_impersonation_token.
(Pierre Humblet, Corinna Vinschen)
- Send SIGHUP to a process if it receives a CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT and it has a
tty. (Christopher Faylor)