This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:42:29 -0400
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.4-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.3-1:
- Shared memory security fixes. (Pierre Humblet)
- Signal handler tweaks. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix crash when resizing a console window. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix mmap to avoid memory corruption caused by mmap table management.
- Fix problem where misbehaving program (like tee.exe) could trash its
command line and, subsequently, cause a crash when queried by procps.
- Make sleep, nanosleep properly return correctly rounded amount of time left
to sleep. (Pierre Humblet)
- Avoid defining IPV6 stuff in cygwin headers since it really isn't available
and could confuse some programs that check for it (like libjava).
- Fill in '.' and '..' fields for directories which lack them.
Should fix "find won't recurse into last N directories in a drive root like
c:\, where N == 1 || N == 2" problem; for some people at least.
- Correctly account for '.' and '..' in link counts. (Christopher Faylor)
- Export argz* and envz* functions from newlib. (Nicholas Wourms)
- Implement endusershell, getusershell and setusershell. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Initialize pw_comment field in passwd fields parsed by cygwin (apparently
helps perl). (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement many new functions from BSD - daemon, forkpty, openpty, iruserok,
ruserok, login_tty, openpty, forkpty, revoke, logwtmp, updwtmp.
- *Finally* move getopt function into the cygwin DLL. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Make cygcheck not report empty packages as "Incomplete". (Igor Pechtchanski)
- Remove cygcheck dependence on an external gzip program (speeds up cygcheck -c
reporting). (Christopher Faylor)
- Make atexit commands thread independent. (Thomas Pfaff)
- Fix output from "mount -m" to correctly report -u mounts and managed
mode mounts. (AJ Reins)
- Fix strange smb problem where removing a directory succeeds but returns
an error anyway. (Corinna Vinschen, Christopher Faylor)
- Add a -d (--dump-only) option to cygcheck to avoid doing sanity tests
on packages. (Igor Pechtchanski)
- Fix problem where symlinks showed as foo.lnk on network shares.
- Fix strange problem where a removal of a directory on a samba share would
report failure even when the removal succeeded.
(Corinna Vinschen, Christopher Faylor)