This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-nopersonal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:48:02 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.6-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
I'd like to send a special thanks to Thomas Pfaff who is stepping down
as the cygwin pthreads maintainer. His efforts in improving pthreads
functionality were greatly appreciated.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.5-1:
- Implement mknod. (Christopher Faylor)
- Renumber many major/minor device numbers to be more like linux.
- Revamp signal processing to allow beginnings of ability to send
signals to threads. (Christopher Faylor)
- Create shared memory regions in appropriate name space and
with ACLs explicitly including their owner. (Pierre Humblet)
- Protect tty access from unauthorized users. (Pierre Humblet,
- Add some missing entries to /usr/include/paths.h. (Christopher Faylor)
- Add some missing entries to /usr/include/tzfile.h. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix problems with failing exec in a vfork. (Christopher Faylor)
- Set errno to E2BIG if command line is longer than the CreateProcess limit.
- mmap fixes. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement TIOCLINUX ioctl. (Pavel Tsekov)
- Fix problem with TIOCGWINSZ. (Christopher Faylor)
- Reimplement sched_rr_get_interval for NT systems. (Vaclav Haisman)
- Fix some thread initialization races for stdio. (Christopher Faylor)
- Correctly define MAP_FAILED as void *. (Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes)
- Fix problems programs which need a console available when running on a
pty. (Christopher Faylor)
- Don't send SIGHUP on CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT to processes running in
invisible Windows stations (like services). (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add escape sequences for codepage ansi <-> oem switching for ncurses
frame drawing capabilities. (Micha Nelissen, Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement System V shm, sem, msg handling in cygserver. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix return value from FIONBIO ioctl. (Christopher Faylor)
- Don't clobber O_APPEND when both O_NONBLOCK/O_NDELAY are set for
F_SETFL. (Brian Ford)
- Disallow filenames consisting entirely of three or more dots.
- Encode filenames consisting of more than two dots for managed mode.
- Make tmpfile 64-bit aware. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Correctly define *64_MAX. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix Windows 95 handling of some network functions. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Don't open a directory which lacks read privileges. (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement vwarnx, vwarn, warn, warnx, verr, verrx, err, errx.
- Fix handling of freerange cygthreads which caused occasional hangs.
- Fix utmp handling so that login/logout are correctly recorded.
- Implement getprogname, setprogname. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Raise SIGSYS if cygserver is not running for some cygserver-specific
calls. (Christopher Faylor)
- Default to always checking for cygserver. (Christopher Faylor)
- Add installation instructions for cygserver. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Correct api major version check so that newer dlls will work with
older apps but not vice versa. (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement sigwait. (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement flock. (Nicholas Wourms)
- Make fcntl 64-bit aware. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Remove polling loop for serial tcflush which caused "hangs".
- Allow multiple pathnames on the cygpath command line. (Mark Blackburn)
- Add ipcrm and ipcs to cygwin distribution. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Change mkgroup to print "root" group with local admins group sid
and gid 0. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement new options for passwd(1):
-c/-C User must not/may change password.
-e/-E User's password never expires/expires according to aging rules.
-p/-P Password not required/is required for user.
- Implement missing POSIX SEM calls sem_open, sem_close, sem_timedwait
and sem_getvalue. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Thread safe inserts/deletes for pthread object lists. (Thomas Pfaff)
- Fix memory leak in stdio. (Thomas Pfaff)
- Allow negative pids as arguments to kill program since they specify
process groups. (Christopher Faylor)