This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:40:28 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.7-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.6-1:
- Fix malloc overflow problem which caused random SEGVs. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix bash (and others) hang problem. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix occasional SEGV from use of ^Z. (Christopher Faylor)
- Actually include cygserver and accompanying files in distribution.
- Fix problems running shells in emacs. (Christopher Faylor)
- Eliminate special case vfork handling and revert to using fork.
- Fix improper hang in non-blocking serial I/O. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix handling of SA_NOCLDSTOP. (Christopher Faylor, Nicholas Wourms)
- Prevent a deadlock when serial input buffer overflows. (Brian Ford)
- Reexport reent_data since insight needs it. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix one long-standing and one not-so-long standing problems with CTRL-Z.
- Fix problem which manifested as cygwin not honoring setmode, resulting
in programs like gzip and bzip2 not doing the right thing when redirected
to a text-mode mount. (Christopher Faylor)