This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:44:41 +0200
- Subject: Updated: file-4.10-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've updated the version of file to 4.10-1.
This version is an update to the official version 4.10, mainly a bug
The Cygwin version got a few changes:
- The Cygwin version has been autoreconf'd.
- libmagic.a is now also available as DLL, /usr/bin/cygmagic-1.dll.
- file.exe is linked against the DLL, not statically.
- The file type man page has been renamed from magic.4 to magic.5 as
installed on GNU/Linux systems.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.