This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:44:22 +0100
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.25-11
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've put Cygwin 1.5.25-11 out of test. This is now the new release
Changes since version 1.5.25-7:
- The main purpose of this release is to allow Cygwin to run correctly
on Windows 2008 Server. A change in the exception handling in Windows
2008 Server requires to change the exception handling in the Cygwin
DLL as well, otherwise an exception in a Cygwin process results in an
endless loop in the OS, taking 100% CPU. The problem has been
confirmed upstream to be a missing check in one of the OS DLLs.
The exception handling in Cygwin has been changed to allow working
on 2008 Server as well.
- Fix a crash when creating stackdumps on Windows XP x64 Edition and
Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition.
- Fix pthread_kill to deal with signal 0 as per POSIX.
- Fix ambiguity in thread signal mask handling.
- Try harder to make a pipe into a full-cygwin device.
- Fix non-POSIX handling of ungetc buffer in ftell and fflush.
- Fix strtod to handle incomplete hex strings and "nan()" correctly.
- Trying to create a non-existant file with open("foo/") does not create
a file "foo" anymore, rather it fails now with EISDIR as on Linux.
- Fix testing for Samba shares to use more reliable test available with
new and upcoming versions of Samba (3.0.28a, 3.2.0).
- Allow cygcheck to run on Windows 9x again.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions, then look for
'cygwin' in the 'Base' category (it should already be selected).
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list. See http://cygwin.com/lists.html for details.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.