This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:34:35 +0100
- Subject: Updated: mintty-0.4.4-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
MinTTY is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
MinTTY is based on code from PuTTY 0.60 by Simon Tatham and team.
0.4.4-1 is a maintenance release. Barring showstoppers, it is the
final MinTTY package for Cygwin 1.5.
- The "underline" cursor has become a slightly thicker, more visible
- The DECSNM reverse video mode now works as it does in xterm,
swapping only the default foreground and background colours instead of
swapping the colours of all character cells. (Enable with echo $'\e[?
5h', disable with echo $'\e[?5l'.)
- The reverse attribute now works correctly in connection with the
"Show bold as bright" setting. For example, it now turns bright red
text on black into black on bright red instead of grey on red.
- Added support for the 8-bit version of the 'rgb:' colour format
implemented in 0.4.3. Also added missing string terminator to colour
- Reset signal handlers in the child process like in xterm and rxvt.
This addresses a problem with signals being ignored when mintty is
invoked from a bash script.
MinTTY's project page is located at http://mintty.googlecode.com.
Please use the issue tracker there to report bugs or suggest
enhancements. Questions or comments can be sent to the MinTTY
discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or
the Cygwin mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. ÂThis downloads setup.exe to
your system. ÂThen, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â Â Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: