This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-53
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:44:03 +0200
- Subject: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-53
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-53.
That's really the last test release. Hopefully.
The two problems which had to be fixed are partially fixed now.
You know the drill by now, see the older test release announcements
Btw., the User's Guide is also available as PDF now:
What's new in contrast to 1.7.0-52
- Recognize non-NTFS remote filesystems which report to be NTFS as
"cifs" filesystems and avoid to call potentially unsupported NT call
- Don't just return EBUSY when trying to remove shared files on an NFS
share. Rather, really try to remove them first.
- Fix a typo in setlocale() which made the GBK charset disfunctional.
- Partially fix the FIFO regression reported in
- Fix a crash when trying to set long console title strings.
- Lower the memory usage of file descriptor data on the Cygwin heap.
This avoids to allocate 64K chunks per file. The new size is about
250 bytes + 4 * path length. This should fix the problem reported in
- Fix a problem in the destructor call order on process exit.
- Fix handling of incomplete UTF-8 sequences and rework UTF-16 surrogate
pair handling in mbrtowc() to be more bullet-proof. Check for invalid
Unicode valus beyond 0x10ffff.
- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-53?
A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-07-30 18:01"
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.