This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:29:42 +0200
- Subject: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-54.
This fixes the bug I introduced in -53 which resulted in a non-functional
Cygwin DLL when building optimized code. Sorry, guys.
Since that's otherwise identical to -53, I kept the remainder
of the -53 release announcement untouched.
What's new in contrast to 1.7.0-52
- Recognize non-NTFS remote filesystems which report to be NTFS as
"cifs" filesystems and avoid to call potentially unsupported NT call
- Don't just return EBUSY when trying to remove shared files on an NFS
share. Rather, really try to remove them first.
- Fix a typo in setlocale() which made the GBK charset disfunctional.
- Partially fix the FIFO regression reported in
- Fix a crash when trying to set long console title strings.
- Lower the memory usage of file descriptor data on the Cygwin heap.
This avoids to allocate 64K chunks per file. The new size is about
250 bytes + 4 * path length. This should fix the problem reported in
- Fix a problem in the destructor call order on process exit.
- Fix handling of incomplete UTF-8 sequences and rework UTF-16 surrogate
pair handling in mbrtowc() to be more bullet-proof. Check for invalid
Unicode valus beyond 0x10ffff.
- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-54?
A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-07-30 22:25"
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.