This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:07:17 +0000
- Subject: Updated: mintty-0.5.5-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
Mintty is based on code from PuTTY by Simon Tatham and team.
The setup.exe package is for Cygwin 1.7 only. (A Cygwin 1.5 version is
available from the project page at http://mintty.googlecode.com.)
- Extended the --icon option to be able to load the program icon from
executables and DLLs as well as .ICO files. An icon index can also be
specified, e.g. '--icon C:/Windows/explorer.exe,6'.
- Added 'Use system colours' checkbox for overriding the colour
settings with the standard Windows text and background colours
(usually black-on-white, as seen e.g. in notepad).
- The 'Opaque when focused' setting now applies in glass transparency
- Implemented dim and invisible text attributes as specified in
ECMA-48. These are selected with the "\e[2m" and "\e[8m" sequences.
- Fixed the 'Ctrl+LeftAlt is AltGr' setting, which was applied the
wrong way round.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'), and it's
also available in PDF format at
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-0.5.4.pdf. Questions and
comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list at email@example.com. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: