This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.16
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:17:43 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.16
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.16. This is mainly a bugfix release.
Cygwin also comes with a new cygwin-debuginfo package for Cygwin DLL and
Cygwin utility debugging purposes. The cygwin-debug package introduced
with 1.7.15 is consequentially deprecated, in favor of the new debuginfo
- New API: getmntent_r, memrchr.
- Support ReFS.
- Fix pipe creation problem which manifested as a problem creating a
fifo. Fixes: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00253.html
- Fix hang when calling pthread_testcancel in a canceled thread.
Fixes some of: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00186.html
- Fix invocation of strace from a cygwin process. Fixes:
- Fix hang when zero bytes are written to a pty using
Windows WriteFile or equivalent. Fixes:
- Fix recv, recvfrom, recvmsg behaviour if a 0 bytes buffer is given
as argument. Fixes: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00332.html
- Handle inode numbers returned by Samba >= 3.5.4.
- Fix emacs problem which exposed an issue with Cygwin's select() function.
If a signal arrives while select is blocking and the program longjmps
out of the signal handler then threads and memory may be left hanging.
- Fix fileno(3) to return -1/EBADF if stream is closed.
- Fix clipboard handling, at least partially:
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com