This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.17
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:59:43 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.17
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.17. This is mainly a bugfix release.
- Support the "e" flag to fopen(3). This is a Glibc extension which
allows to fopen the file with the O_CLOEXEC flag set.
- Support the "x" flag to fopen(3). This is a Glibc/C11 extension which
allows to open the file with the O_EXCL flag set.
- Prevent CTRL-S hang.
- Revamp signals so that signals-to-threads more closely mimic Linux
First step of fix for: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00186.html
as well as observed Linux behavior.
- Revert to only creating a new session leader when we know that a
console process is started in the background.
Should fix: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/threads.html#00062
- Fix mysterious crashes when accessing /etc.
Fixes: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/threads.html#00613 and others.
- Fix a potential race condition starting multiple "first" Cygwin processes
Should fix: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00531.html
- Fix a bug in unlink/rmdir which could result in removing non-empty
directories on network drives. Also fix problems trying to rename files
under newer Samba versions.
- Prefer to call WSARecvMsg from recvmsg if possible.
- Correct hang typified by running "procps" after Cygwin has started a
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com