This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.18
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:26:52 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.18
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.18.
- For performance reasons, Cygwin does not try to create sparse files
automatically anymore, unless you use the new "sparse" mount option.
- Added Windows console cursor appearance support:
- Show/Hide Cursor mode (DECTCEM): "ESC[?25h" / "ESC[?25l"
- Set cursor style (DECSCUSR): "ESC[n q" (note the space before the q);
where n is 0, 1, 2 for block cursor, 3, 4 for underline cursor (all
disregarding blinking mode), or > 4 to set the cursor height to a
percentage of the cell height.
- New API: cfsetspeed.
- Changes in cygwin1.dll and gdb-7.5.50-2 now allow gdb to recognize
Cygwin-specific signals like "SIGTERM" as well as Windows signals like
"SIGSEGV". This feature is still experimental.
- Fix handle leak in rewinddir(3). This affected Windows 2000 only.
- Allow quoted filenames in @ argument expression when called from native
processes. Fixes http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-12/msg00276.html
- Fix a bug in initializing the stdio settings at process startup, which
could result in missing output.
- rename("dir1", "dir2") could result in deleting dir2, even if the rename
didn't take place, for instance, if dir1 and dir2 were not on the same
- rename("file1", "file2") would fail in almost all cases on NFS, due to a
bug in the NFS driver's implementation of the FileRenameInformation info
- Fix bug where dup2 segv'ed on negative fd.
- Work around problem of erratic exit codes caused by a thread exiting
while process is shutting down.
- Always interrupt select() on a signal.
- Fix problem where sigwait() ignored non-thread-specific signals.
- Fix special processing of "cmd /c" so that "/C" is allowed as well.
- Return 0 rather than -1 when select() times out.
- Fix some bugs in CTRL-S/CTRL-Q handling in ptys.
- Fix "error while loading shared libraries:" message to properly
display the shared library name in more cases.
- Fix unreported problem of exec'ed and spawn'ed processes not
inheriting the signal mask of their "parents".
- Fix race in signal mask detection with new thread creation.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com