This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:37:18 -0500
- Subject: Updated: vim-7.3.943-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been updated for the Cygwin distribution:
*** vim-minimal-7.3.943-1 (NEW)
Vim is an advanced text editor that seeks to provide the power of the
de-facto Unix editor 'Vi', with a more complete feature set and a choice
of terminal and GTK+ interfaces. (The x86_64 gvim package uses Motif
for now due to unsatisfied dependencies.)
This is an update to the latest upstream patchset, and changes the
packaging scheme to be closer to Fedora's:
* The new vim-minimal package provides /usr/bin/ex and /usr/bin/vi, is
compiled with the "small" feature set, and DOES NOT DEPEND ON vim-common.
* The vim and gvim binaries now have support for lua, perl, python,
python3, and ruby dynamic interfaces.
* The global configuration file is now /etc/vimrc.
* The gvimtutor script is now packaged with gvim.
* Removed usage of alternatives(8).
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.