This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.23
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:11:19 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.23
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.23.
ABOUT THE 64 BIT RELEASE
This is only the second official Cygwin release which is publically
available as a 64 bit version for AMD64 Windows systems, so it's
Right now the 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't come with as many
packages as the 32 bit version, but it's as stable as the 32 bit version,
and more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use the new http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use the new http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
Other than that, 1.7.23 is mostly a bugfix release.
- Added CYGWIN environment variable keyword which causes the full windows
command line (<=32K) to always be sent to subprocesses.
- Fix race condition in POSIX semaphores which potentially breaks fork() when
using POSIX semaphores in a multithreaded process.
- Fix cyglsa build problem which made the cyglsa DLLs entirely non-functional
when built with newer gcc versions.
- Fix incorrect handling of /.. or //.. in parent path existence check.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com