This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.26
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:18:12 +0100
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.26
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.26. This release introduces a few new
features but is mainly a bugfix release.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
- getaddrinfo now supports glibc-specific International Domain Name (IDN)
extension flags: AI_IDN, AI_CANONIDN, AI_IDN_ALLOW_UNASSIGNED,
- getnameinfo now supports glibc-specific International Domain Name (IDN)
extension flags: NI_IDN, NI_IDN_ALLOW_UNASSIGNED, NI_IDN_USE_STD3_ASCII_RULES.
- Preliminary, experimental support of the posix_spawn family of functions.
New associated header /usr/include/spawn.h.
- Slightly improve randomness of /dev/random emulation.
- Allow to use advisory locking on any device. POSIX fcntl and lockf locking
works with any device, BSD flock locking only with devices backed by an OS
handle. Right now this excludes console windows on pre Windows 8, as well as
almost all virtual files under /proc from BSD flock locking.
- The header /usr/include/exceptions.h, containing implementation details for
32 bit Windows' exception handling only, has been removed.
- pthread_atparent hook should not be called in the child.
- 64 bit only: Correctly mmap'ing regions > 4 Gigs.
- Fix random content of /proc/$PID/ctty if the process has no controlling
tty. Set to just "\n" instead.
- Properly set process sid rather than always using -1.
- Fix a potential crash after calling lseek on /dev/clipboard.
- Fix a handle inheritance bug in raw disk and tape device handling which
led to EBADF errors in child processes.
- open("/dev", O_CREAT) accidentally created a /dev file if no /dev
exists at the time.
- DIR *d = opendir ("foo"); flock (dirfd (d), ...); worked, but did the
- Reading from /dev/windows was broken for some time.
- select'ing on /dev/windows accidentally didn't take the setting of
ioctl (WINDOWS_HWND) into account.
- Fix typos in cygcheck which could crash Windows 8 and 8.1 machines.
- Show OS version correctly even on Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2.
- dup2() could crash in some cases for a destination >= 256
- Try to workaround the following problem: unlink(2) could fail, if the
file was opened casesensitive and has to be moved to the recycler due
to a sharing violation.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com