This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.27
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 14:39:40 +0100
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.27
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.27. This is mainly a bugfix release.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
- Don't create native symlinks with target paths having long path prefixes
"\\?\" if the target path is shorter than MAX_PATH characters. This works
around a Windows 8.1 bug: The ShellExecuteW fails if the lpFile parameter
points to a native NTFS symlink with a target path prefixed with "\\?\".
- Some devices, like, /dev/dsp are no longer detected due to the new
use of \Device\Null for devices which have no real handle.
- Cygwin could easily run out of file handles.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com