This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.28
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:12:49 +0100
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.28
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.28. This is mainly a bugfix release.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
- popen now supports the Glibc 'e' flag to set the FD_CLOEXEC flag on the pipe
in a thread-safe way.
- netinet/ip6.h header.
- Switch to BSD FILE stream fopen/exit semantics, as in all BSD variants and
Linux/GLibc: Don't fflush/lseek a FILE stream on fclose and exit, if it
only has been read from.
- Store and restore FPU control word and XMM registers when a signal is
- Signals should no longer hang when they occur within a low-level
- If it turns out that transactions don't work during unlink(2) or rename(2),
despite the fact that the filesystem claims to handle them, stop transaction
and try again without.
- Closing a dup'ed master tty handle should no longer invalidate the dup'ed fd.
- Problems where ps hangs when used in a pipeline should now be solved.
- Using gdb from a Windows console rather than a pty should no longer randomly
- Fix locale-specific radix char handling in scanf family of functions.
- The console buffer should no longer be cleared when the resolution of the
console exceeds some magic threshold.
- Fix inadvertent clearing of entire console buffer on clear screen.
- Make sure that stackdump file is closed after use.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com