This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.29-2
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 14:00:11 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.29-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.29-2. This is a bugfix release.
- Allow quoting of arguments to the CYGWIN environment variable, i.e.,
set CYGWIN=error_start="c:\bin\someprogram -T"
- Try harder to do the right thing in the presence of console screen buffers,
i.e., never clear the screen buffer unless the user asked for it. Also
fix screen escape sequences which attempted to scroll the screen.
- Make "ps -W" report different WINPIDs for processes that have been execed
from, e.g., cmd.
- Avoid error messages from the signal handler if we're exiting.
Addresses: A random irc #cygwin complaint.
- Fix return value from getgrouplist function to behave like glibc.
- Fix initialization of open_memstream which could lead to dropping the
- Fix problem where ending chunk of audio was missing when accessing /dev/dsp.
- Fix exception handling on x86_64.
- Fix reading extended attributes from files on remote shares.
Addresses: A personally encountered spurious error message:
mv: listing attributes of `//server/share/file': Invalid argument
- Fix sending an invalid pointer to cygserver during fork.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com