Re: NEW vim 5.7 package uploaded to sourceware

Chris Faylor wrote:
> I just looked for these files and found that they had apparently been
> moved to the latest directory.  I didn't see any announcement about
> this.
>
> I have moved the the files back to the private directory since I have a
> couple of minor problems with them.

I apologize,

I have moved them to latest and written an announcement but I waited
before releasing the announcement for the files appearing on the
mirrors.
This was valid procedure the last time.

Chris, why didn't you ask me before moving back? I'm the owner
of the directory, so...

> - It still has symbolic links in the executable directory.  These
> [...]
> I'm sorry to be so picky but my goal with is to minimize the number of
> user complaints with our first release of vim.  Putting symbolic links
> in /bin is, IMO, asking for trouble.

That's ok. I didn't realize that.

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer