Re: Updated: cygrunsrv-0.92-2

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 06:29:56PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > [...]
>> I don't want to send signals to the cgyrunsrv process itself -- the
>> one that has multiple threads as you mention -- but rather have
>> cygrunsrv send specific signals to the underlying application that
>> cygrunsrv earlier forked and execv'ed.  It looks as though cygrunsrv
>> [...]
>> What I need for the PostgreSQL case is to have cygrunsrv send SIGINT
>> [...]
>> Allowing whoever configures cygrunsrv for postgres to specify the
>> particular signal to be used to stop the application would suffice.
>
>We could define another optional command line option:
>
>	--sig <signum/sigtxt>
>
>to define which signal the application needs to do a graceful
>exit. Default could still be 15/TERM.

How about calling it "termsig" or something like that?  I think it is
possible that we might want to send other signals to the process in
the future.

Actually, you know what has something like this?  IBM AIX.  They have a
way to set this kind of thing up.  I guess there is no reason to emulate
AIX, though.

cgf