Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Howell" <kirben@optushome.com.au>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

> Any idea when this might make it into the official Cygwin binutils ? even
as
> a experimental test version.?

I wouldn't ask Chris to post an experimental binutils. Binutils is just too
fraught with danger, unless "we" are very confident there will be no issues.

> I'm sure many cygwin porters would find this very very useful, instead of
> having to use ugly hacks. Especially since an earlier Cygin binutils
version
> used to support it

I don't believe that this has _ever_ been supported by cygwin. Paul
Sokolovsky created this hack himself.

Chuck Wilson has just started doing a test run, and as I mentioned below, if
folk have specific tests they'd like to see carried out that might help them
decide as to the stability/usefulness of such a patch...

Rob