Re: setup-2001-11-02-6.exe

Charles Wilson wrote:
> But I can't, now.  My only choices are 2.52-1, 2.13-2, uninstall, and
> source.  Where'd my "skip" go?

Charles, this is actually where the keep belongs - since the package is already
installed then you should be able to keep the current version whereas if the
package were not installed at all then you should have the skip option.

What I believe you have stumbled into is a similar problem to what Chris found
in his post "setup.exe: no skip/keep presented".  For whatever reason setup is
not selecting "keep" as one of the valid responses for this installed package -
probably a field or some other mismatch in setup.ini, I think I have seen this
when the version currently installed is not in the current list of versions in
setup.ini (in some preliminary program changes I was working on once), but I am
sure there are other reasons.  Based on the version numbers you mention - this
appears to bee the case.

One of the changes I had been working on once upon a time was that setup needs
to account for the instance where the currently installed version is not the
Prev, Curr, or Test Version listed in setup.ini and allow the operator to
reinstall, keep, redownload, whatever even this version - essentially looking
at is as 4 versions not just 3 - Installed, Prev, Curr, and Test.

Brian Keener
bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com