Re: RFC - a few packages

Robert Collins wrote:

> Dll number - there is a standard, and if you grab the hacked up libtool
> from chucks site, you will automagically create .dll's to that standard.

I don't think we can recommend that official ports be built with unofficial
tools (Corinna's sharutils requirement for openSSH notwithstanding).  For
experimental ports, sure -- but not official ones, until one of the
following two things happen:

a) Gary folds your changes into the official libtool, and then we release
an official libtool package based on that.

or

b) we make your hacked libtool into an official package and don't wait for
Gary.

In either case, we still need the autoconf-2.13/2.52 automake-1.4p5/1.5
thing worked out -- e.g. the example I created a few weeks ago.

BUT....it's probably best that including THAT auto*nightmare wait until we
have a real -src packaging standard.

(Yep, that's me, the one-note-charlie...)

--Chuck