Re: attn: which, bzip2,gzip maintainers (was Re: some problems with setup.ini)

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul G." <pgarceau@qwest.net>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: attn: which, bzip2,gzip maintainers (was Re: some problems
with setup.ini)

> Just a thought:
>
> Since I am not sure exactly what was in the original Cygwin (v17/v18)
User
> Package, can we use that package as a model for what is to be
considered "Base"
> category by setup.exe?

We could, but I think that 'base' is ok. Some folk want less, some want
more. Base is the intersection of all those needs.

The problem with less, is that currently, base == default install. Now
my suggestion for choosing a 'metapackage' before choosing packages, to
allow for the choice of "full/minimum/developer etc" would change the
default install to be more user friendly. That's been shot down
unfortunately :[.

Anyway, the clickable category all should be done soon (as soon as my
current sandbox is correct, I'll be committing, and then switching to
the categories branch for that stopgap). And we can go back to "install
everything easily".

Rob