Re: [REQ] apache-1.3.22 package available

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> Now I remember asking to use a new directory for this kind of packages
> (mysql, apache, ...) which could be /opt .
> Then we have /opt/apache, /opt/mysql and so on.

I think this a wise idea for this type of package.  However, postscripts
would need to be written to add the /opt/foo/bin path to the PATH
variable in the /etc/profile file.  Do we really want to go into that
hassle?  Would it be more confusing to the non-UNIX types?  Would it
raise more questions on the users list?  Although this is a wise idea it
might not be so wise to implement.

Earnie.