Re: cygutils: Category

Robert Collins wrote:

> Chuck,
>     Misc as a category acts like base: things in it always install.

Oh, that makes sense -- given that things without a setup.ini entry are
placed in misc by default.  Without that behavior, installing from a
local collection of tarballs won't work.

> I guess this isn't documented clearly anywhere except the cygdev
> archives, so I'll correct that soon.

Please do. :-)

I guess nothing should go in Misc, then.  If we WANT stuff to always
install, then it should be in Base (the category == meta-package, "base"
is a special case, yadda yadda yadda).  Misc should be RESERVED for the
"no setup.ini entry, must be an special package the user put in their
local repository" case.

> Can I suggest that the cygutils packages belongs in (shock horror) Utils

Done.

--Chuck