Re: Figlet-2.2 Experimental

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 07:31:34PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >In this case it was, look at his unusually big signature.
>> >
>> >00:28:19 fred@appel:~$ dpkg --status figlet
>> >Package: figlet
>> > Figlet is a program that creates large characters out of ordinary screen
>> > characters.
>>
>> Which is really completely irrelevant and not what I asked for.
>>
>> Hmm.  Pretty much like this message.
>
>No, not really.  Gerrit was *demonstrating* rather than explaining what
>figlet was.  That's fair -- but I prefer explanations WITH my
>demonstrations...

To quote:
"Maybe just posting the proposed setup.hint file would be enough, with
ldesc, sdesc, category, and requires lines filled in."

Do you see a 'ldesc', 'sdesc', 'category', or 'required', here?

My reason for asking for this information is that it demonstrates that
the person who is interested in submitting the package (i.e., not
Gerrit, although I would have bet $20 that he would respond) actually
understands the conventions.

This seems like a really simple request to me.  I don't know why it
is so difficult to get this information.  I guess because it's
cygwin...

cgf