Re: Apache 1.3.22-3 ready to go?!

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> This is similar to the -X option in httpd but that option let httpd
> running in single process mode.  That's more like the -d option in
> sshd which is only useful for debugging purposes, either.

yep.

> If you could patch httpd to get a new option which differs from the
> usual run mode only by not forking and detaching the master process,
> we could start it using cygrunsrv as well.  That shouldn't be too
> hard.  The -D option in sshd is really just skipping a function call
> `daemon()'.

ok, I'll put my hands on it.

BTW, is this going to be released then as package apache-1.3.22-4 or
do we version back to -1? -- I guess users may be confused and may
assume there have been 3 previous releases? Anyway I vote for -4,
otherwise we would break the "respect revision numbers in any case"
rule.

> Otherwise we could upload apache as is but with a description how
> to start under inetd in the /usr/doc/Cygwin/apache* README.  I'd
> ask you to implement the above option, though.

yep, today.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG