Re: usr/doc/[cC]ygwin requirement

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Ah, ok.  I don't think this is of much importance, but
> cygwin.com/setup.html says:
>
>     * In your binary package, include a file
>       /usr/doc/Cygwin/foo-vendor-suffix.README
>
> Before I went there to check, I tried to look if there was a
> convention for this, but strangely enough, none of the packages I
> checked had a usr/doc/Cygwin at all (cygwin, bash, gawk, textutils,
> ed)?.

Most of the packages you listed pre-date the /usr/doc/Cygwin
requirement.  In an ideal world, the next release of each would then
follow this new requirement -- but this isn't an ideal world. :-P *New*
packages, however, should follow this convention -- and tetex probably
should, as well, even though it isn't exactly new.  Whgy?  Because from
this outsider's perspective, it sure seems like tetex needs lots of
tweaking and TLC to build on Cygwin -- and those tweaks should be
documented...

--Chuck