RE: libtool devel package still dll crippled.

> Is there any real solution to this problem w.r.t.
> the current -devel version of libtool?

I guess no.

Perhaps the following helps for this topic.

When building libs, there are some cases, which could be
choosed. Have I forgotten any ?

     Building 	does export symbols used from
	type           static libs  dll's

1a. static lib       yes           no
1b. static lib       no            no  1)
2a. dll's            yes           no
2b. dll's            no            no
2c. dll's            yes/no        no

1) Is using a static lib only for resolving internal
references real ?

Current libtool devel state:
	Case 1a, 2a

Wished states to add:
	2b, 2c and perhaps 1b

Todo:

2b) set an option like "--export-libs=*" or something else

2c) identify the libs to export and set an option like
"--export-libs=lib1,lib2,...."

Libtool has the possibilities to distinguish A) added libs
from B) depending libs for example
A) libkdeui_la_LIBADD
B) libkdeui_la_DEPENDENCIES
which could be used.
Unfortunally for kde I have seen that only A) is used in any
case.

So at this point, my question is how libtool handle this
task on other os like linux.
There must the similar problems.

Any comments ?

Ralf